Whether you fish, sail, travel or just want to cruise on the water, boating is great. Sometimes, the waters get a bit rough and choppy, but shipping your boat doesn’t have to be. Guardian Auto Transport wants to help you ship your boat with as much ease as possible. Submit a free quote with us today for a smooth sail!
When shipping a boat, we want our customers to be ready for transport.
- Make sure any loose items are secured on the boat to help avoid any travel damages.
- Take pictures before your boat is loaded onto a trailer. If any damages occurred during transport, you’ll have pictures to reference back to.
- Remove any personal items when preparing to ship your boat.
- Clean your boat’s exterior so your driver can make note of any damages before transit.
- Drain all fuel and water tanks.
- Disconnect batteries and secure any robes or cables.
When shipping your boat, it is crucial you take accurate measurements so we can choose a trailer that best fits your boat (if you don’t have one already).
- Overall Length is a measure from the tip of the bow to the center of the stern. Make sure you include any bow pulpits, motor brackets, and swim platforms.
- Include the motors or out drives in the raised position as well.
- Measure the Overall Height from the bottom of the keel to the highest non-removable part of the boat.
- The beam is measured from the widest points of the boat, including the rub-rail.
The legal loaded height of a boat is required to be 13 feet 6 inches or under. If your boat exceeds this height, let us know. We can assign a expert boat transporter. This route might cost more money, as well as take more time to transport.
Still not sure how to measure your boat correctly? Click here.
Choosing A Boat Trailer
If you don’t have a boat trailer, let us know. We’ll need exact measurements of the entire boat in order to find a trailer that best fits. If you have just recently purchased a boat for your first time, educate yourself. It is important to do some research on your own in regard to what types of trailers are on the market. If you have your own trailer, let us know. Any damages or accidents that occur as a result of your trailer fall as your own responsibility. Be sure to carefully inspect your trailer, checking securing devices, lights, and tires.
If you have any questions or want to submit a free quote with Guardian Auto Transport for your boat, click here!