How Do You Find a Good Auto Transport Company?
There are dozens of car transport companies out there, but how do you know which ones are legitimate and have excellent service? The next time you’re searching for the best car shipping company, be sure to do a little research and ask yourself:
- Does the auto transport company make itself available to its customers? A good auto transport company should be available to its customers. They should have agents that are available and extremely responsive to help answer questions and solve any potential concerns.
- What do the reviews say? While opinions on what’s “good” tend to be subjective, most people can agree that excellent customer service is recognizable from afar. That’s why reviews and testimonials are so critical—so take some time to read through the company’s reviews where you can assess what the car shipping company does right.
- What’s included in the transport package? Some car transport companies have tons of hidden fees under their base price, like additional insurance requirements or transportation fees. A good car transport company will be upfront about what’s included in their auto transportation package, including insurance, transportation, and potential extra costs.
Searching for the right online car shipping service can be a challenge, which is why Guardian Auto Transport works hard to be one of the best car shipping companies out there. Guardian excels at providing the best customer service with responsive and readily available agents and upfront, no-hidden-fees transport package options.
What’s Involved in the Car Shipping Process?
If you need to ship a car, then all you have to do is start by finding out the cost to ship by getting an instant quote. Once you get your car shipping quote, you will:
- Confirm Your Car Shipment. Confirm with one of Guardian’s agents about the date, time, locations, and type of car.
- Guardian Loads Your Car. Wait until the pickup date, which is when your Guardian driver will inspect your car and load it up for transportation.
- Your Car Is Delivered! This is the easy part: All you have to do is sit back and wait. Before your car is delivered, your driver will keep in contact with you so that you know exactly when to expect it.
It’s true: Working with Guardian Auto Transport is that easy.
Do I Need Additional Insurance to Transport My Cars?
While other car transport companies may require additional insurance, Guardian doesn’t. Guardian’s car shipping process includes full coverage.
How Long Does It Take To Transport a Car?
As you might expect, how long it takes to transport your car depends on where you’re going. After all, it will take a longer time when shipping a car going from Los Angeles to New York City than if you just need it transported across the state. A good rule of thumb is that Guardian’s drivers travel about 400 miles per day for over-the-road travel, including pickup and drop-off downtime.
Can you guarantee pickup or delivery dates?
Yes, please let one of our shipping agents know that you are looking for either a guaranteed pickup or delivery date and we will adjust your price accordingly.
How long will it take to transport my car?
Drivers typically allocate about 400 miles per day for over-the-road travel. This may seem a bit low, but we also factor in pickup and delivery downtime time into that estimate.
How do I know the time and date of my pickup?
After we assign (dispatch) a driver to your order, you will receive a dispatch notification email that will include scheduling details and your driver’s phone number and information. Your shipping agent will also contact you to confirm the details of your auto shipment once a driver has been assigned.
How do I prepare my vehicle for transport?
Please make sure that the exterior of your vehicle is clean for the truck driver to properly inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damages and discrepancies. Empty out all personal items and make sure that there are no loose parts on the exterior and interior of the vehicle. Please leave some gas inside the tank, preferably 1/4 th of a tank.